Disney Themed Wedding at the Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
We had the honor of photographing the gorgeous intimate fairy tale wedding of Stephen and Jennie at the luxurious Grand Floridian Resort and Spa last weekend. This wedding was every little girls dream come true!
The bride was transported from the Grand Floridian Hotel to the Wedding Pavilion Chapel via Cinderella carriage drawn by dreamy white ponies. The reception was held right next door at the Grand Floridian Convention Hall. It was a very sweet and intimate wedding with a handful of close friends and family members. The Grand Floridian Hotel is a magical place to get married with an endless amount of beautiful photography spots . We truly had a blast being a part of their special day. Congratulations to Stephen and Jennie on their wedding and may you have a peaceful and prosperous life together!
All Photos By Lotus Eyes Photography
Engagement Photo Shoot
We are happy to share some pictures with you from Victor and Ambrose’s Engagement Shoot at the beautiful Villas of Grand Cypress Golf resort in Orlando, Florida. Ambrose and Victor meet a little over a year ago at Disney World and have been in love ever since.
Victor proposed to Ambrose just one day before we took these pictures! The early morning Orlando sun provided great natural lighting for this Photo Shoot. We were transported on these super fast golf carts from location to location over steep hills and narrow curves which was pretty fun! We had a great time being a part of their special weekend!
Congratulations on your engagement Victor and Ambrose!
Orlando Engagement Photographer: Lotus Eyes Photography
wedding photojournalist association
We are happy to announce our celebrated acceptance to the Prestigious Wedding Photojournalist Association (WPJA).Wedding Photojournalist Association is an International, membership-based organization representing professional photographers skilled in the documentation of weddings and events in a candid, unobtrusive style. We are proud to be members of this organization and to adhere to the strict rules and standards held by all WPJA members.
I have always been a follower of WPJA and have gotten a tremendous amount of inspiration throughout my career by browsing through their web site and following the various Photography Competitions. We also became members of their sister site Artistic guild Wedding Photojournalist Association which focuses on Fine Art Photojournalism.
Our Photography style has always been described as candid photography. The saturation of emotions and happiness on a wedding day, combined with a skilled photographer, manifest beautiful imagery without having to create a posed appearance and environment. Photo Journalism is a more “natural”approach to Photography. Posed photos would be more for the formal portraits after the ceremony.
We proud ourselves in being able to artistically capture Weddings in a Photo-journalistic style. You can view our members profile here.
We look forward to photographing the many weddings scheduled for this year and for 2014!
Check out some of our photographs that made it all possible!
Orlando Wedding Phorographers: Lotus Eyes Photography
There is something very romantic about having an engagement photo shoot.
It’s a special time for the newly engaged couple to share a fun window of time together, putting the stress of daily life aside to focus solemnly on them to capture their love story forever.
Engagement photos are a creative, non-formal way to display candid and fun photography art prints throughout your home. Below are some easy tips on how to prepare for your very own Engagement Photo shoot.
1) Scout a good location – When selecting a location for your Engagement Photo Shoot, make sure to look for a fun backdrop to frame you and your partner. Large flowering trees, a serene lake or even a textured/ colorful wall makes for a nice backdrop. Avoid crowded places, street signs and traffic. Early mornings and late afternoons offer the best natural lighting (8am and 6pm) so make sure that you schedule your engagement shoot accordingly for the best results.
2) Matte Finish Make-up – Make sure that your make-up has a matte finish to it. Natural light will reflect on your nose, chin and forehead to create an oily look. Make sure that you apply some powder to your “T” zone or keep oil absorbing sheets handy and within reach. A Mate finish provides a fresh, clean look and hides any imperfections.
3) What color to wear?– A Neutral colored outfit is always foolproof when deciding on an outfit to wear for your photo shoot. We had a client request us to Photoshop the color of her shirt because she regretted her choice in color. Don’t make this mistake! Now, we always recommend our couples to bring a change of clothing to capture different looks and to change it up a bit. It’s a good idea to bring a neutral outfit and a colorful one that represents your personality. A red colored dress is a cute and romantic way to vamp up a picture and shows up great on photographs. Another advice is to keep in mind that these photos will most likely be displayed throughout your home. Most couples will order a large canvas print to hang as artwork so it’s a good idea to pre-plan your outfit to make sure that the colors mesh nicely with the rest of your home decor. Black and white conversion is also an easy fix and a timeless way to showcase your photos!
4) Bring your own Props! – Add a fun and meaningful touch by bringing your own props (alphabet letters, photos, signs etc) . Check out some of our engagement photos for inspiration!
5) Most of all- Have fun! – Your best photography face is when you are naturally happy- not forced!